Home Page
Incoming Students

Visa, Residence Permit, Health Insurance

Visa&Residence Permit&Health Insurance





After you get your Invitation Letter written by International Relations Office, you may apply Turkish visa. Please check from Turkish Consulate in your country whether you are required to get visa.  You may find Consulate information from the webpage of Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.mfa.gov.tr


Residence Permit


In Turkey, all international students, regardless of their status, have to get residence permit.  Some of nationals who stay less than 90 days are exempted from this rule. Please check whether your country is among them. Turkish incoming students, if they are still Turkish citizens, do not need to get residence permit document either. If they are not Turkish citizens, they may apply blue card.


You should apply residence permit by taking appointment from Directorate General of Migration Management (Göç İdaresi) within 30 days after your arrival (Application must be within 30 days, not the appointment itself). Before taking the appointment, it is important to arrange your accommodation and to clarify your residence address since your residence permit card will be sent to the address you declare.


First, you must take the appointment by filling the application form on the webpage of Migration Office (https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/ ) and then you must be in the office on the appointment date by bringing necessary documents with you. Migration Office of Sakarya is in a town called Karaman (It is a bit far away from city center.).


 Necessary documents:

 -Application Form (on this link: https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/)

- Student Certificate (provided by us)

- Erasmus Certificate written for Migration Office (provided by us)


-2 photographs (not necessarily be biometric)

-Statement of Address (Rent contract or Dormitory Registration)

-Health Insurance

- Payment Voucher (55 Turkish Liras in Gümrükönü Tax Office-in a neighborhood called Donatım)


PS.  In order to get residence permit, you must have health insurance which you may get either before your arrival or in Turkey. Our outgoing students generally get services from the insurance companies such as HDI, Axa, Alyans and Aon. In any case, you should make sure that your health insurance meets the minimum policy content required by the Turkish State.